A cosmetology program could lead to an exciting career. But, how do you know if esthetician and makeup classes are right for you? Here are a few questions to think about:
- Is your ideal Friday night staying in with a face mask and your Netflix account?
- Do your friends rely on you for your smoky eye skills?
- Is your idea of perfection an endless beauty counter?
A Career To Take You Anywhere
If you answered “yes” but still aren’t quite sure, think about the different places these classes you take you.
- Spas: Low lighting, dreamy music, and great-smelling products—who wouldn’t want to be in a spa all day? You could get paid to it as a facialist. Esthetician classes teach students to recognize healthy skin and common problems and how to choose the proper skin care to address them. Helping others relax in a tranquil environment could be your rewarding career.
- Beauty Stores: Be surrounded by beautiful products while helping customers look their best. Cosmetologists can work at beauty stores or work directly for beauty companies. These retailers often hire color specialists to give makeovers, help clients choose products, or advise them on skin care.
- Special Events: Love the idea of making someone feel beautiful on their big day? Even if you have a full-time job at a salon or spa, you could get weekend work doing brides’ and bridesmaids’ makeup. And, since the cosmetology programs also teach hairstyling, you could fix their updos as well!
Cosmetology Careers Start in the Classroom
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field and job outlook for barbers, hairstylists, and cosmetologists is predicted to grow 13% over the next eight years. That’s faster than average! Esthetician and makeup classes could not only lead you to a fulfilling and exciting career—they could lead you to financial success as well.
Esthetician and Makeup Classes in Lake Charles
At Avery James School, you can take esthetician and makeup classes as part of the Cosmetology Program. This 1500-hour curriculum covers everything hair, skin, and nails and can prepare you for a variety of careers. For more information, call (337) 477-9265 or fill out the contact form here.