CONSUMER DISCLOSURE REPORT
Gainful Employment Disclosure Template is available:
PROGRAM NAME AND LENGTH: COSMETOLOGY 13 Months
The following SOC Websites provide more current information on Cosmetology and related professions.
Completion of the program at Avery James School of Cosmetology provides a Certificate leading to licensing as a Cosmetologist in the state of Louisiana.
Successful completion of the Cosmetology course will prepare you for work as:
- Hair stylist Permanent Wave Specialist
- Color Specialist Beauty Supply Sales Person
- Hair Stylist Assistant State Board Inspector
- Salon Owner or Manager Manicurist
- Esthetician Theatrical Hair Stylist
COST OF ATTENDANCE:
Registration Fee: $100
Books, Kit, Scrubs, Supplies*: $1,250
Total Cost of Cosmetology Course: $17,800
TEXTBOOKS USED (included in the kit):
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Test Book (2016 Revised) ISBN-13:978-1-2857-6941-7
- Milady’s Theory Workbook ISBN-13:978-1-2857-6945-5
- Milady’s Practical Workbook ISBN-13 978-1-2857-6947-9
- Milady’s Exam Preparation ISBN-13:978-1-2857-6955-4
*A laptop, notebook or tablet computer is required for this program and is not included in this cost. The Admissions and Financial Aid offices have details on minimum system requirements.
While enrolled in the Cosmetology Program at Avery James College, students will incur additional expenses NOT covered by tuition. These items may include:
- Replacement Name Tag $10.00
- Laptop, Notebook, Tablet Computer $240.00-$500.00
- LSBC Registration Fee $10.00
- LSBC National Exam Fee $83.00*
- LSBC Practical Exam and State Test Fee $75.00*
- LSBC National Exam Retake Fee $83.00
- LSBC Practical Exam Retake Fee $25.00
- LSBC Exam Retake Fee $25.00
*One National Exam Fee and One Practical Exam and State Test Fee is paid by the school. Students are responsible for any retest fees.
Avery James College requires all prospective students to interview in person. At this first personal interview, a complete Catalog is provided to the prospective student. Additional interviews may be required. Additional information may be requested from management during normal school hours.
Additional Drug Prevention Resources
Am I Drug Addicted
Am I Alcoholic
Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace
Long-Term MJ Use
Women and Alcohol
College Fact Sheet