CONSUMER DISCLOSURE REPORT
Gainful Employment Disclosure Template is available:
PROGRAM NAME AND LENGTH: COSMETOLOGY 13 Months
The following SOC Websites provide more current information on Cosmetology and related professions.
Completion of the program at Avery James School of Cosmetology provides a Certificate leading to licensing as a Cosmetologist in the state of Louisiana.
Successful completion of the Cosmetology course will prepare you for work as:
- Hair stylist Permanent Wave Specialist
- Color Specialist Beauty Supply Sales Person
- Hair Stylist Assistant State Board Inspector
- Salon Owner or Manager Manicurist
- Esthetician Theatrical Hair Stylist
COST OF ATTENDANCE:
Registration Fee: $100
Tuition (includes books, kit, scrubs, supplies, etc.-estimated retail cost: $1215.00): $15,450
Total Cost of Cosmetology Course: $15,550
TEXTBOOKS USED (included in the kit):
- Milady’s Standard Cosmetology Test Book (2016 Revised) ISBN-13:978-1-2857-6941-7
- Milady’s Theory Workbook ISBN-13:978-1-2857-6945-5
- Milady’s Practical Workbook ISBN-13 978-1-2857-6947-9
- Milady’s Exam Preparation ISBN-13:978-1-2857-6955-4
While enrolled in the Cosmetology Program at Avery James School of Cosmetology, students will incur additional expenses NOT covered by tuition. These items may include:
- Replacement Name Tag $10.00
- LSBC Registration Fee $10.00
- LSBC National Exam Fee $80.00*
- LSBC Practical Exam and State Test Fee $75.00*
- LSBC Exam Retake Fee $25.00
*One National Exam Fee and One Practical Exam and State Test Fee is paid by the school. Students are responsible for any retest fees.
NACCAS Reporting for Fiscal Year 2015
- Students Scheduled to complete: 20
- Completions as of submission of Annual Report: 8 40.00% Graduation Rate
- Completers Eligible for employment: 8
- Eligible individuals employed in their field: 4 50.00% Placement Rate
- Number of Individuals who took the final licensing exam for the first time: 7
- Number of individuals who passed all exams: 6 85.71% Licensure Rate
* (3. Some students had completed their hours but had not yet gone for or passed the final State Board Test by the date of the report.)
Who is included – students scheduled to graduate in fiscal year 2015 who completed prior to the date of the report. Students who have obtained licenses are working in the cosmetology field as hair stylists in large chain or in private salons.
On time Graduation rate within 100% of normal time (13 months): 40.00%
Graduation rate within 150% of normal time: 86.4%
Avery James School of Cosmetology requires all prospective students to interview in person. At this first personal interview, a complete Catalog is provided to the prospective student. Additional interviews may be required. Additional information may be requested from management during normal school hours.