Meant to Be
Did you grow up styling your dolls (and your little brother)? Does your bathroom cabinet overflow with products? Do you always end up helping your friends get ready for a night out?
If you answered yes to any of these—have you considered a cosmetology career? You could become a Lake Charles hair stylist!
Imagine if your job was making people feeling great about themselves. As a licensed hair stylist, you can help clients make a change, get ready for a big event, or maintain a look they love.
Become a Lake Charles Hair Stylist
You could become a hair stylist right here in Lake Charles! Schooling and licensing can seem like a daunting task. The staff at Avery James School of Cosmetology broke down the process into five steps to help guide you:
- Schedule a Tour
- Before enrolling, you can check out your school firsthand. In Lake Charles, Avery James School is around the corner from Prien Lake Mall and minutes from downtown. Come scope out the classrooms as well as the salon floor and the equipment students use every day. Now you can REALLY start picturing yourself here!
- Contact the school to set up an interview. Don’t be nervous! An admission counselor will meet with you to talk about your career goals and interests.
- Financial Aid
- Meet with a financial aid officer to make sure all your paperwork is correct. It’s important to figure out the best plan for you. Our website also offers a Net Price Calculator tool to help estimate all your costs.
- School time!
- After a successful orientation process, you can get your supplies and schedule your classes. Your kit, valued at over $1000, is included in tuition. If all of this is done, you can now become a cosmetology student! The program is 1500 hours and can take less than two years. This consists of classroom and practical experience. Class sizes never exceed a 20:1 student to teacher ratio.
- You’ve got the knowledge, now get the papers! Avery James can help schedule your exam with the Louisiana Cosmetology Board Examination. All you need to worry about is doing your best. Good luck!
Dedicated to Quality
Avery James School of Cosmetology helps students create a livelihood in cosmetology careers they love. Contact us to schedule a tour or call (337) 477-9265 for more information.