Are you ready to start a new career? A real career requires both knowledge and skill. Knowledge is the facts and information you need to learn. Skill is the ability to perform specific tasks well. To be a successful cosmetologist, you need BOTH knowledge and skills. What if you could acquire the skills you need in a real beauty salon Lake Charles residents love?
Learn How You Learn Best
Do you know your favorite way to learn? Maybe in elementary school, you heard teachers talk about auditory, visual, and tactile learners. But which one are you? Figuring this information out could help you get the best chance at success. Thankfully, at Avery James School of Cosmetology, our courses are designed to appeal to ALL types of learners.
- Auditory learners learn best by—you guessed it—hearing and listening. While in the classroom, Avery James School of Cosmetology students hear from their instructors. As experienced cosmetologists themselves, they have invaluable experience to share with you.
- Visual learners prefer to learn by reading and seeing. In addition to textbooks and reading materials, they love seeing demonstrations. Does this sound like you?
- Tactile learners excel in hands-on learning. They need to touch and feel and keep their hands moving. If you’re a tactile learner, cosmetology school could be perfect for you—thanks to the hand-on experience.
Get Hands-On Learning At Avery James School of Cosmetology
Have you heard it said that some people “learn best by doing?” Well, now we know those people are tactile learners! But also, learning by doing just makes more sense. How do you become a good driver if you never actually get behind the wheel? Could you become a great artist only by reading art books? We don’t think so. Games and simulators can only do so much. That’s why an essential part of the cosmetology program at Avery James School of Cosmetology is getting real hands-on experience in our salon. We want you to learn the skills, knowledge, and business know-how so you can be successful!
The Beauty Salon Where Lake Charles Students Love To Learn
Avery James School of Cosmetology in Lake Charles isn’t just a great place to learn how to cut hair. You’ll actually get experience doing ALL kinds of cosmetology services. After some time learning in the classroom, you’ll get to put that knowledge to use. At our salon, we offer a wide range of services for hair, skin, and nails. And—under the guidance of experienced instructors—our students perform them all. From a basic haircut or style to a full face of glamor—you’ll get the opportunity to practice all these critical skills. It’s a tactile learner’s dream! Here are some of the things you’ll get to practice during your education:
- Basic Hair Treatments: Male and Female Haircut, Bang Trims, Shampoo, Blow-Dry,
- Additional Hair Services: Hot Oil Treatment, Set or Wrap (silk or roller), Braids (including with extensions), Deep Conditioning, Protein Conditioner
- Nails: Manicure and Pedicure, Polish Change
- Skin and Face: Facial, Beard Trim, Wax (Brows, Lip or Chin)
- Make-Up: Make-Up, Eyelashes (Singles and Strips)
- Styling: Twists and Rods; Updos, Waves, and Ponytails; Spiral and Barrel Curls
- Chemical Services: Color (including Highlights and Lowlights), Bleach, Relaxers and Regular Sets, and Perms
Start Your Beautiful Journey
Join our beautiful, tactile learning community! To get started on your cosmetology journey, contact our admissions team. We can answer all your questions about our program and any financial aid you might qualify for. Contact us online or call (337) 477-9265 to make an appointment with us. In the meantime, keep up with us on our Facebook page for more news and events. We can’t wait to help you start your new career!